Individuals and Families
Digital Equity Response Program
Comcast Internet Essentials Qualifying individuals can sign up for the Comcast Internet Essentials broadband internet access program for $9.90 a month.
Wi-Fi in Parks provides free access to Wi-Fi at select City parks.
Free Wi-Fi mobile hotspots are available to eligible residents impacted by COVID-19. City of Sacramento residents impacted by COVID-19 can checkout a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot device from select Sac Library locations for six weeks. To checkout a hotspot, visit the library and text “hotspot” using the number posted for curbside pickup.
The mobile Wi-Fi hotspots are only available at these locations: Belle Cooledge, Central, Colonial Heights, Del Paso Heights, Martin Luther King, Jr., McKinley, North Natomas, North Sacramento – Hagginwood, Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven, South Natomas, and Valley Hi-North Laguna.
There is free Wi-Fi available to visitors in select parks throughout the City of Sacramento. Wi-Fi access to City Parks will be available during standard park operating hours: sunrise to sunset.
View a complete list of the parks and their WiFi activation timelines.
The following list of digital literacy programs are offered on-line for free
Website of free online courses, built by Good Things Foundation to help people develop their digital skills.
Free online educational website focusing on technology, job training, reading, and math skills. The site is a program of Goodwill International of Eastern NC Inc. and the Goodwill Community Foundation Inc. Multi-language lessons are available.
Microsoft Digital Literacy provides basic lessons on the fundamentals of using digital technologies.
Funded by the Federal Communications Commission this site has links to resources and on-line tools
- Computer & Internet Basics -Learn how to set up an email account, navigate the internet and leverage the power of technology.
- Online Learning Resources -Explore online courses and educational content for adults and K-12 students.
- Online Employment Resources- Access job search sites and learn about careers in the technology sector.
- Health & Wellness -Discover online resources that help you stay healthy.
- Managing Finances Online -Access tools to help you protect and manage your finances online.